We did it…We had our first ever booth at Market! When I encouraged Jess to host a booth last year, I don’t think either of us knew all that was entailed. We made a great decision, though; and we learned a few things along the way. Thank you for your support along the way which gave us confidence to take this step.
1) We are still amazed by the genuine desire of those in the quilting community to help one another. We had several people offer us input on how to spread our name and share our products with even more people.
2) We love what we do! The time flew by each day (well, except for the last hour when traffic died down and the minutes dragged on), as we were able to show off all of Jess’ patterns and share all of the hidden secrets about our Mysteries! (If you’ve participated in a Mystery Weekend Quilt-Along, you know these secrets. If you haven’t, sign up to find out what they are!)
3) We could not have done it without the help of the following people: Debi M., Debbieann A., Lynn M., Shawna D., Laura W., Jerilyn C., Lily C., Gwen F., Rick E., and Connie E. THANK YOU!
4) Jess is a different person on caffeine. Okay, so we knew this before, but man you should have seen the caffeine kick-in during the second schoolhouse she spoke at on Friday. She had a contagious energy oozing out of her. The next few days, we were sure to get coffee first thing each morning!
5) It was silly to believe that we would arrive to Market well-rested (hence the need for caffeine!). Our to-do list seemed to keep growing. The lack of sleep was well worth it, though; and we did catch up on some sleep once we arrived.
6) My four-year old survived a whole week without me! She traveled with me many times in my last job, but it was less than ideal. She stayed with my mom during Market, and it turns out she did just fine (and I did too)!