At The Quilt and Needle we enjoy quilting, good friends, and foooood! Food that feeds our minds, improves our health, and tastes good. Like Roasted Cabbage Steaks. Seriously, even the non-believers will enjoy this stuff.
I have a ton of recipes that use only 1/2 or 1/3 of a head of cabbage. I’m fairly new to the cabbage game, so I had a hard time using up the leftovers. I’ve used it in salads, on tacos, cole slaw, the usual. But roasting cabbage steaks is by far the most scrumptious cabbage recipe I’ve tried.
This one is easy, so let’s cut to the chase. Here’s how to make it:
Slice up some
old leftover cabbage.
Roughly chop a couple of cloves of garlic.
Place the cabbage slices on a lightly oiled baking sheet. Season with the chopped garlic and your fav no-salt seasoning or spice (a little lemon juice is good here too). I like Mrs. Dash Table Blend for these babies.
Bake for an hour, turning and seasoning again about 1/2 way through. And you’re done! Eat. Enjoy.
~1/2 head of cabbage
Two cloves of garlic, crushed and roughly chopped
No-salt seasoning or spice of your choice
Spray cooking oil
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Spray a baking sheet very lightly with cooking oil.
3. Slice the cabbage into 1/2″ steaks.
4. Place cabbage steaks in a single layer on the sheet.
5. Sprinkle chopped garlic and seasoning on cabbage steaks.
6. Cook for 30 minutes, then turn steaks over, and season the other side.
7. Bake for an additional 30 minutes.
8. Serve warm.
Makes 4 servings
Go on and eat to be healthy. I dare you. Heck, I double dog dare you.